quinta-feira, 7 de janeiro de 2010

Meshuggahnism

"NO MORE LIPS! NO BUYERS! NO HAPPY YOU WATCHING! NO WONDER RACE! WHERE THE HECK IS IT?!"

Those are the first lyrics you hear on the album obZen, by Meshuggah. The lyrics are, in fact "No more ifs, no bias, no ambiguity. No wondering wether this is it"

But nevermind that. As much as I like the song Combustion, I always found myself giggling when Kidman comes in at 1:06. This is the first song from Meshuggah's new album. I don't have the album itself yet, but I've heard that it's their comeback, returning to the glory days of Destroy Erase Improve.

I'll talk about you someday too

But it's the cover I'm interested in for now. The first time I saw it was on a tiny picture from Myspace, where it looked like it stunk of bad CGI. I was "glad" to find out out that it wasn't like that in a bigger resolution.

Now, for a little warm-up, I'll show the easier-to-find-in-a-store edited version.


Notice that this bald guy's hand is a reddish pink. If you look closer you'll discover that it is in fact blood, and well drawn too. This cover is excellent. It's zen, as its name implies, and it's still definitely metal because of the Red Right Hand (pun intended).

Now take a good look at the abomination that is the original unedited cover.

Ouch!

What the hell has happened here?! What's with the all the blood? And the guy just meditating there? And the platform he's standing on? And his OTHER Red Right Hand (just look up Red Right Hand if you don't get the joke)?!

For about two months I have been trying to make some sense of this cover. The only explanation I managed to make that is in some way plausible is that this guy went to this platform to perform some sacred ritual that involves jerking off with your three hands 'till your dick fucking explodes. And then you meditate.




Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário