terça-feira, 9 de março de 2010

Horrid Dissonance

Helloes, my dear fans/haters/people who accidentally stumbled upom this miserable piece of blog and are half a second from clicking the "back" button/everyone else.

Instead of keeping you waiting for two years and a half for the next post, I decided to do it now. And, like I mentioned on the previous post, in case you've checked it...

On second thoughts, don't check it.

...this post I'm going to rant my own demo's cover. You can listen to it here. So, here goes:

So, I was searching my computer files today, when I stumbled upon Ankhaos's (like in his) first demo: Horrid Dissonance. I usually wouldn't do demos, but the cover of this one has a lot to be told about.

Before anything else, I'll talk about this band Ankhaos (if you can call it a band). Basically, this is this one guy, under the nickname of Endrey, in Portugal, which is basically what can be called Spain's backyard, a speck of land next to it.

No, not Andorra.

NO, not France. To the West of Spain.

Umm... ok. That's technically Portuguese territory.

And this guy basically recorded all the instruments for the demo on his synthesizer. Surprisingly, it's actually quite good. A little unfocused but, nevermind. I'm here to talk about the artwork, which by the way looks like it's been done in, what, half a minute?

I guess it does represent the idea of Horrid Dissonance pretty well, but, then again, the only sign of dissonance in the entire demo is the intro, which isn't even on the Ankhaos Myspace page. How do I know this is the right cover, and not the cover for some other Horrid Dissonance? Well, the point is that you can't... unless you have extremely good eyesight... And can look at the cover for long enough without getting a seizure. If you look very closely to the top left, you might JUST be able to see it.

Look at image cautiously.

Now, seriously, guys... um... guy, it looks like you're not even proud of having spent half a year making a twenty minute demo! I had to stop writing and rest for 15 minutes because of the colour contrast! Sheesh.

I think it would have been enough bashing for this Myself guy's demo, but I'm on a roll now. Let's turn the case over.



Umm... actually you can't, since this guy hasn't made any physical copies of the album and isn't planning to, which leads me to my next question. If it's not possible to turn the case 90 degrees, then why the hell make the track listing vertical?!

Oops! Sorry. You can't see it.

There you go!

I must admit the colour contrast will probably induce less seizures, but still. Why the fuck make the track listing vertical? Is this guy expecting the people who would even care to listen to this fuming piece of demo to turn their fucking monitors 90 degrees? Or does he want them to just do that on Picasa and leave it at that? Actually, this guy had a point when being ashamed of this piece of seizure inducing (noun). He's actually done the right thing!

Now, I don't want to offend any member of Ankhaos. This is not meant to be offending. Although it might be.
.. um... yeeah... it is. Look: sorry, guys... sorry... guy, but I swear I only made this for shits and giggles.

Causing seizures was entirely unintentional.

I've heard you're writing a concept album called Nuclear Outcasts, and, from what I've played and wrote, It looks like it'll be great. If you make physical copies of it, I'll buy one! Honest!

Just a "little" post for fun. I hope you enjoyed it. On my next post I'll be scrutinizing a an album that seems to have absolutely nothing wrong with it.







Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário