sábado, 6 de março de 2010

Rammstein

Helloes, everyone who was ever high enough to care about this blog.

Sorry for not having done anything on my blog. The reason for this was that I didn't feel fit to do something funny (IOW, I was initially feeling depressed, then, once I was cheerful again, I felt too lazy) and I'm really starting to suspect that I suffer from bipolar. The good thing about this is that I've left a lot to be told. For example, I've finally finished my Ankhaos demo. I'll talk about it in a little more detail in the next post.

Meanwhile, while you wait, I'll stay close to the previous band I mentioned, Front 242. The band is Rammstein, from Germany, known for being a source of 2nd grade web humour...








And for being gross. Yes. I'm referring to the third image. You can also consider "gay" as one of the attributes of Germany, but I wouldn't. Specially since Germany was the crib of amazing metal bands such as Accept and Kreator.




Actually, nevermind that. Got sidetracked.

So, anyway, Rammstein is an Industrial Metal band from the German proletariat (to give you an example, Till Lindemann, their vocalist, was an professional swimmer before being promoted to professional basketweaver) and their earlier music was mainly about people with guns, literal and figurative guns. In other words, their music was about dangerous preverts, and may have been the inspiration behind Twilight. Even so, these guys made music not for the light-hearted, but they hid this behind the most perfect disguise ever invented, called the shitty cover.

To show this, let's use Hans, the imaginary rivethead from Germany:

It's 1995, and Hans has thrown a party to celebrate his 15th birthday. His best friend, Albert, who is also a rivethead, comes up to him and gives him a CD as a birthday present. Carefully, Hans tears the wrapping off, and finds this.


He didn't know of a band called Rammstein, and so didn't realize that this is actually quite a good album. He thinks "What the fuck is this? An album called Heartbreak? A bunch of naked guys behind a flower? Is this some stupid gay boy band or something?" and tells Albert "Du bist scheiße! Fick dich!" before going outside and burning the CD. In a fire. Not a CD burner.

The next albums had better designed covers, which were not as gay, but then along came Rosenrot, which means something like "rose-red". Fortunately, they realized their mistake with Herzeleid and opted for a better cover.


Nothing screams Rose-Red like a frozen shipwreck.

And speaking of shipwrecks, they seem to really like them.


If they went to the length of putting what looks like a black box on the cover.

And the title for this album, Reise, Reise, being a traditional German wake up call on ships. So, the question is the following: do they like being perverts or do they like ships? Or both? Are they naviphiliacs, or something? Or do they just suffer from bipolar?

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário